for a printer-friendly page
Please take note of the following:
Installation & Commissioning of machines
1) As with any complicated, high-tech equipment, there may be teething problems on installation of your new machine.
Be assured that we will do our best to minimise downtime and get your machine running perfectly in as little time as we can.
2) It may take up to 3 weeks to be productive - depending on client skills.
3) Small machines can be offloaded manually, but large machines require a forklift or up to 6 labourers. You are responsible for this.
4) Machines will only be released or delivered afer full payment has been received.
5) Disposal of wooden crate and packaging is the owner's responsibility.
6) Any offloading costs on site are for the owner's account and responsibility to organise.
7) We do not accept responsibility that your designated workspace is suitable for your machine.
8) We suggest you install power surge limiters as damage caused by such surges is your responsibility. We also suggest that you install an earth spike to properly earth your machine.
9) Problems relating to clean power supply at your premises are not our responibility. For reliable operation of your equipment, the mains power supply to your premises needs to be stable, clean and within certain limits. Should we believe that your power supply needs to be tested, you will need to get a qualified electrician to do the tests - at your expense.
10) Please ensure that you have at least a one-kilogram Carbon Dioxide fire extinguisher close to your machine.
11) Shipping schedules are only estimates and can vary from -1 week to plus 3 weeks.
12) If we are seeing you over the weekend (especially if you live more than 100 kilometres from our offices) - then you need to be available. We can't get to faraway places to be told that access can only be given on Monday!
13) Delivery addresses - for obvious reasons - must be complete and accurate.
14) The responsibility to fit in with the delivery company rests with you. We can try our best to schedule deliveries, but when it's your machine, you need to be flexible and fit in with our freight carriers.
15) The installation location is presumed to be on the ground floor with easy access. If this is not the case. please inform us timeously, and be aware that this may incur extra costs.
16) We suggest that training involves 2 staff members or other persons in case one leaves.
17) Please remember to take out insurance on your machine.
18) We can only guarantee effective machine performance if original software is used.
19) The warranty of your machine is not transferable in the event of a resale, unless the new owner has completed our training and maintenance course and the machine has been verified as being set up correctly.
20) If you, or anyone else other than a technician from Perfect Laser attempts to repair your machine, you will invalidate your warranty.
21) Depending on where you are located, it is possible that your machine will be delivered by a third party carrier and not by one of our staff. If you open the crate yourself and try and set-up and install the machine yourself, you will invalidate your warranty.
22) If you are located more than 100km roundtrip from our nearest office, and we need to come to your premises after installation, our standard travel fees (whether your machine is under warranty or not) will apply.
Metal Cutting Lasers & Waterjet Cutters
23) Metal Cutting Lasers & Waterjet Cutters are built to spec, so delivery times are 9-10 weeks (to a South African entry port) from order. Delivery to the customer may take another week or two.
Training and installation : what is offered
24) Machine operation and maintenance training is supplied and can take up to one day. With metal cutters, fiber laser cutters and waterjets please allow for 2-4 days. Advanced training is offered at our head office. We will always assist with software support issues as long as it relates to Perfect Laser hardware, and not your Windows operating system or PC/Notebook. We also offer UltraViewer support.
25) Perfect Laser tries to make sure that no extra costs are incurred during and after installation. The following, however, must be allowed for:
For small machines, a work table, bucket, ventilation and an adequate door size for machines to pass throught for installation.
For metal cutters, the rental or purchase of an appropriate Oxygen cylinder and gauges. We will provide you with the specs.
For all larger machines, an adequate door size for machines to pass throught for installation, and possibly a forklift.
There will also be additional costs payable by the machine owner in the following circumstances:
a) You move your machine to a different place from original installation and setup is required.
b) You change your PC or software and you want us to reinstall or recalibrate.
c) You need another staff member trained at a later stage.
d) You have not maintained your machine - and parts have been damaged, or performance has suffered and we have to clean your machine.
e) Any electricity / water / gas consumed while testing your machine will be for your account.
f) Your software design skills may be fantastic, but issues relating to designs and PC compatibility are your responsibility - not ours. Should we discover that apparent problems are the result of your designs or your software, correcting these issues may be charged at between R500 and R1000 per hour.
Parts Warranty and Returns
26) Please note that should you decide to do a Self-installation of any parts, your warranty will be invalidated.
Perfect Laser does not do refunds on parts and consumables unless in exceptional circumstances and within 24 hours of the client purchasing the part. Please ensure that you order the correct part - and that you actually need the part. There will be a 25% handling fee for any parts or consumables returned.
While we take every care to ensure our website is accurate and reflects the latest pricing and technical information, we are only human. Please note that E&OE (Errors and Omissions Excepted) Applies.
All Perfect Laser equipment is sold defect and fault-free, supplied with a 12 month warranty against factory defects - except glass laser tubes which have a 6 month warranty against factory defects - subject to operating the laser machine as per the manual and limitations outlined below.
Exclusions would be:
• Actual physical damage to the laser tube
• Not maintaining a clean cooling water supply
• Your water container must be at least 20 litres (or you must have a chiller)
• Damage caused by lightning or power surges / load shedding
Spares such as LCD control panels and power supplies are usually held in stock. Defective units must be returned to Perfect Laser. You will be required to cover freight / courier costs.
Lenses and mirrors are guaranteed to be in perfect condition on installation. There is NO warranty on them thereafter.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS OF ORDERS
Any order cancelled for whatever reason will be subjected to a 20% restocking fee and 30% fee of the total part or machine price if the machine or part has been specially ordered for you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL LARGE LASER MACHINES NOT IN STOCK (PLT-960 or larger) HAVE A 7 - 9 WEEK DELIVERY TIMEFRAME TO A SOUTH AFRICAN SEA OR AIR PORT.
DELIVERY WILL ONLY BE SCHEDULED ONCE ANY OUTSTANDING BALANCE HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
Shipping times are quoted as an average and are subject to a variety of uncontrollable factors such as strikes, weather, international and local holidays, customs inspections etc. These circumstances can add delays to your expected delivery dates.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALTHOUGH EVERY ATTEMPT IS MADE BY US TO KEEP OUR WEBSITE UP-TO-DATE, THE FINAL DELIVERED PRODUCT THAT YOU RECEIVE MAY DIFFER FROM IMAGES AND DESCRIPTIONS ON OUR WEBSITE. THIS IS DUE TO ONGOING IMPROVEMENTS AND UPGRADES AT OUR MANUFACTURING FACILITIES. THE DELIVERED PRODUCT, HOWEVER WILL ALWAYS BE AT LEAST AS GOOD AS - IF NOT BETTER THAN - THE PRODUCT SHOWN ON OUR WEBSITE.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page